- Category: News and Events
- Published on 30 March 2016
- Hits: 386
VietNamNet Bridge - Reports by local education and training departments all show a sharp decrease in the number of students registering to study at university.
The number of students to attend the finals to finish high school, not to enter university, accounted for a high proportion of total students.
According to the Hoa Binh provincial Education and Training Department, only 69.1 percent of students who registered to attend the 2016 finals in the province wanted to graduate high school, and did not plan to continue studying at university. The figures are 55 percent in Bac Giang province.
Meanwhile, 14,716 out of 66,006 students in Hanoi will only try to finish high school, a high proportion in the city's history. A high school teacher in Hanoi noted that students seem to have realized that bachelor’s degree won’t necessarily help them get good jobs in the future. The latest bulletin said 225,000 university graduates are jobless.
Tran Xuan Nhi, former Deputy Minister of Education and Training, commented that the higher percentage of students not intending to study at university should be seen as good news. “This shows that the so called ‘engineer abundance and worker deficiency’ in Vietnam will no longer exist,” he said.
‘Engineer abundance and worker deficiency’ is the phrase commonly used in Vietnam to describe the oversupply of workers with bachelor’s degrees and the short supply of skilled workers for factories.
- TLU to attend the Red Sunday festival (12/01/2017)
- Hanoi: QS World Grad School Tour sucessfully completed (01/12/2016)
- TLU Attends QS Grad World Tour; Meets with Nottingham Trent University (30/11/2016)
- TLU Attends Viet Nam - Europe Higher Education Forum (04/11/2016)
- Master of International Business: the 6th graduation ceremony (31/10/2016)
- Workshop “Considering Wikihow as a tool to develop Open Educational Resources” (09/09/2016)
- Thang Long University Football Tournament – Thang Long Cup 2016 (28/03/2016)
- First University to be Accredited in Vietnam (28/03/2016)
- “Open Day 2016“ at Thang Long University (23/03/2016)
- Viettel: Scholarship Award Ceremony for Outstanding Applied Maths Students (11/03/2016)
- Scholarship for Japanese Language in Niigata, Japan (23/02/2016)
- STUDENTS CULTURAL EXCHANGE BETWEEN TLU AND SALISBURY UNIVERSITY – USA (16/02/2016)