- Category: News and Events
- Published on 24 May 2016
- Hits: 392
The Ministry of Education and Training revealed on May 16, that six out of 15 Vietnamese students attending the competition this year have picked up one gold, two silver and three bronze medals. They are 11th and 12th graders from gifted schools in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Vinh Phuc and Thua Thien-Hue. The gold medal has gone to Phan Duc Nhat Minh, an 11th grader from the High School for Gifted Students, Hanoi University of Science (HUS), Vietnam National University in Hanoi who scored 226 out of 300 in the contest. He is among 14 contestants from six countries awarded gold medals this year.
With the results, Vietnam ranked fifth out of 30 nations after Japan, China, Iran, and the Republic of Korea.
The APIO is an online contest for Asian and Western Pacific Region with its tasks basically similar to those in the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) which focuses on the design of efficient, correct algorithms. The contest is held online with students competing at contest sites within their own country or area.
It was first organised by the Australian IOI team in 2007.
- TLU to attend the Red Sunday festival (12/01/2017)
- Hanoi: QS World Grad School Tour sucessfully completed (01/12/2016)
- TLU Attends QS Grad World Tour; Meets with Nottingham Trent University (30/11/2016)
- TLU Attends Viet Nam - Europe Higher Education Forum (04/11/2016)
- Master of International Business: the 6th graduation ceremony (31/10/2016)
- Workshop “Considering Wikihow as a tool to develop Open Educational Resources” (09/09/2016)
- Thang Long University attending the workshop "Information Skill in Research" (16/05/2016)
- Standard Level Of English And Office Computing For TLU Students (04/05/2016)
- Meeting with College of Foreign Languages , Tourism and Airline, Niigata, Japan (25/04/2016)
- Thang Long University Joint GX Group (25/04/2016)
- More students decide not to pursue university education (30/03/2016)
- Thang Long University Football Tournament – Thang Long Cup 2016 (28/03/2016)