- Category: Studying at TLU
- Published on 25 August 2014
- Hits: 1533
The Information Technology (IT) Department is responsible for the management of the information technology infrastructures at the Thang Long University (TLU).
Computer rooms for teaching IT.
The IT backbone of the TLU is based on 6 fiber optic connections from two different internet access providers (5 from VNPT and 1 from FPT). Each fiber optic connexion has a minimum bandwidth of 45 Mbps (domestic) and of 1 Mbps (international). These connections serve specific areas and public in order to maximize their efficiency and allow a fast-internet learning and teaching environment as follows :
- The 4-storey Library is served by one fiber optic connection from FPT;
- The student registration server has its own fiber optic connection;
- The five self-study rooms are served by one fiber optic connection;
- The computer rooms (with a total of 1,000 computers) and the 5 foreign language self-study rooms are served by one fiber optic connection;
- The administration area, the directors and board of trustees, the faculty staff offices and centers are served by two fiber optic connections.
The IT Department manages a total of 7 main servers, all located within the TLU campus. Especially two servers running CentOs (GNU/Linux) are dedicated to the online learning Moodle platform at http://daotaotructuyen.thanglong.edu.vn/