- Category: Library
- Published on 25 April 2014
- Hits: 1719
The Thang Long University's Library occupies a whole 4-storey building with a total surface of 500 m2 across its 4 floors offering a total capacity of 1,000 seats.
The TLU's library building.
Several facilities are offered to the TLU staff and students:
- The ground floor, or first floor, is the place where students can consult the library's catalog online and borrow books. Periodicals can be freely consulted and students have many studying places.
- The second floor is reserved for self-studies and is equipped with individual box-tables where students can better concentrate on their work without being distracted.
The second floor of the TLU's library offers individual tables where students can work without being easily distracted.
- The third floor offers 74 computers for the student’s use and 18 computers that are reserved for the teaching staff of the TLU. In the near future, students will have a free access to study books.
- The fourth floor is a large space reserved for group studies and is equipped with many meeting tables.
One of the several studying and relaxing room for students in the main TLU's building.
The Library's staff also manages several studying and relaxing rooms at the different floors of the main TLU building. There, students can perform self-studies, work in group or just relax between two class lectures.
Since the end of 2014, Thang Long University's library uses the open-source Library Management software Koha to manage its documentation resources. The online catalog can be accessed through this page.