Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data science are becoming the core focal points in the field of information technology. The job market for AI and data science is continuously expanding with attractive salaries. According to statistics from Google Brain, the demand for AI and data science professionals is approximately one million, but there are only about 10,000 high-quality professionals to meet this demand. In Vietnam, the demand for AI and data science professionals is ten times higher than the current workforce.
Thang Long University is honored to be one of the pioneering universities in North Vietnam to open training programs in AI and data science to meet the demand from the labor market. Combining programs from Carnegie Mellon University (the top 11 universities in the US) and the National University of Singapore (the top university in Singapore), Thang Long University is committed to providing comprehensive training in AI and data science, offering knowledge, skills, and opportunities to work on real-world projects in collaboration with businesses. With a program that combines educational advancements from leading universities worldwide, a faculty consisting of application development experts, and modern infrastructure with high-performance computers capable of processing big data, Thang Long University is a reliable destination for those who want to embark on a future career in AI and data science.
Thang Long University aims to train modern AI and data science skills, with a focus on technologies currently in demand by both domestic and international job markets, such as data mining, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and big data.
To associate education with applications, the AI program helps students develop specific goals, including:
- Apply fundamental and specialized knowledge to solve problems in the fields of AI and data science.
- Demonstrate personal skills, qualities, and career development orientation.
- Work effectively in teams and obtain digital skills and effective communication skills in professional activities.
- Formulate ideas, analyze, design, implement, evaluate AI and data science solutions, and conduct research to meet the needs of businesses, organizations, and society.
- the construction of AI and data science applications in important fields such as healthcare, education, and the economy.
Participating in real projects
Skills in AI and data science are not only learned from books but also from building real-life applications. To ensure international quality standards, Thang Long University has invested in establishing an AI Laboratory with high-performance computers capable of processing big data, where students can directly participate in practical projects. The laboratory has seen many projects in collaboration with domestic and international businesses and organizations, including the prominent project "Research and Development of an AI System to Support Depression Screening and Detection through Facial Expressions and Eye Movements of Vietnamese People," which has made Thang Long University the first private university to lead a state-level technology project. Each AI student is guaranteed a duration of internship participation in the laboratory and will be guided by project development experts. Through these activities, students will accumulate the necessary skills to work in a professional environment and build a strong portfolio to impress employers upon graduation.
Fundamentals of mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Object-oriented Programming
- Discrete Mathematics
- Information Security
- Computer Networks
- Data Structure
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Technology
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Big Data
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer vision
- Java Programming
- Mobile Application Programming
- Python Programming
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- .Net Programming
- Web Technology
- Modern Issues in Computer Science
- Distributed Database
- Formal Language and Automata
POST-GRADUATION JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The AI program is designed to progress each year, enabling students to progressively build advanced systems/applications. With the above roadmap, AI graduates can meet the full requirements of the job market and assume various positions, including:
- Specialist in data analysis and business intelligence decision support;
- Machine Learning/AI Programmer,
- Data Engineer/Data Science Engineer
- Project management specialist
- Lecturer and researcher in AI and data science;
- Technological entrepreneurs that can start their own ventures with innovative ideas in AI and data science.